Smartbox creates assistive technology solutions that help people with disabilities to communicate and be independent. The technology they create includes communication aids, environmental control, computer control and interactive learning.
Smartbox’s business is quite unique, and the platform built on Magento was quite outdated. The problems that needed to be addressed were outdated legacy codebase, complex integrations and a large backlog of projects that needed to be implemented in parallel.
How We Did It?
SmartOSC was asked to support Smartbox’s in-house team to keep pace with the development and meet business objectives. Below are some of the solutions that we applied:
- Agile methodologies with Scrum and Kanban
- Better process to manage the code evolution
- Unit testing to control the legacy codebase then step by step refactor it
- A new responsive theme based on Foundation 3
- Monitored and optimized site